JANUARY 28–30, 2019
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
This intensive three-day course teaches risk mitigation through protective intelligence at the protective agent level. Participants will learn, and immediately apply, the process of collecting, analyzing, reporting, and disseminating vital information which can influence a principal’s risk profile and protective configuration. This course focuses on the human component, with collection and management of information from open sources as well as from the field—equipping participants with the additional, powerful tool of effective protective intelligence.
Who should attend:
This course is specifically designed for executive protection agents and protective intelligence analysts, as well as EP team leads, detail leads, and managers. Applicants with experience in executive protection, protective intelligence, and relevant military units, law enforcement units, and government agencies will benefit strongly from this program. AS Solution champions diversity in the EP industry and encourages qualified candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Participants will have the opportunity to acquire and/or further develop specialized skillsets for risk mitigation through protective intelligence at the protective agent level. Participants will learn and practice collection, analysis, reporting, and dissemination of vital information which could influence their principal’s risk profile and protective configuration.
Topics of instruction include:
- Case Studies
- Understanding risk and how protective intelligence from the field can mitigate risk
- Protective HUMINT
- Micro Intelligence during the advance
- Micro Intelligence during the protective operation
- Effective communication and interview techniques
- Predictive Profiling
- Filtering the “white noise”
- Useful technologies
- Bridging the gap between strategic intelligence and protective intelligence in the corporate environment
- Report writing
- Escalation of intelligence
- Classroom instruction
- Field exercises
- Numerous role players are employed throughout the program to simulate genuine hostile surveillance and hostile action, thereby teaching attendees the skills required to make critical decisions in the field. Role players range from amateur to professional in order to simulate real-world scenarios involving a spectrum of hostile elements.
- Discussion and critiques
This program is instructed by Ivor Terret. Ivor is currently based in Israel and was a founding member, team leader, and instructor of a government unit specializing in all areas of surveillance detection and covert protection, including projects involving heads of state and critical infrastructure. Prior to joining this unit, Ivor designed and implemented security master plans for covert counter-terror units and high-risk installations, and consulted on myriad projects including business parks, high-risk facilities, and factories. Ivor brings over 22 years of international counter-terror experience serving government and private sector clients. In addition to consulting and operations, Ivor has instructed hundreds of students— including high-risk-facility security teams, covert government VIP-protection units, government surveillance detection units, specialized law enforcement and counter-terror units, and corporate executive protection and surveillance detection teams. Ivor is an authorized counter-terror and security instructor, meeting the standards set forth by the Israeli Police Force. He earned an MSc in Security and Risk Management from the University of Leicester and was the elected chair of ASIS Israel for 2016 and 2017.
Instructors will award successful participants with one of two certificates. Unsuccessful participants receive no certificates.
- Certificate of Attendance: Awarded to participants who satisfactorily participate in and complete all instruction and fieldwork sessions.
- Certificate of Qualification: Awarded to participants who satisfactorily participate in and complete all instruction and fieldwork sessions– and demonstrate particular acumen, dedication and drive.
AS Solution is dedicated to the improvement and professionalization of the executive protection industry. Academy applicants will be evaluated according to a mix of criteria prior to course admission:
- Relevant professional/ educational background and experience
- Please see the “Who should attend” heading above.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Demonstrably high degree of personal ethics and professionalism
Time and dates:
JANUARY 28–30, 2019
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
This is an intensive three-day, 30-hour course. Instruction and exercises will typically run from 08:00 to 18:00 hours.
- $1,300 USD
- Participants are responsible for their own travel, accommodations, and personal insurance (if desired). Accepted applicants will be notified as early as possible to allow ample time for arrangements and reservations.
How to apply:
Contact the AS Solution Global Training Academy at TRAINING@ASSOLUTION.COM