This five-day course is intended to provide pre-qualified candidates with essential residential security skills to perform in contemporary high net worth environments. Participants who complete the course satisfactorily will be prepared to assume active roles in ongoing and future residential security programs.
Who should attend:
Many outstanding executive protection agents have begun their careers in entry level positions in residential security.
This is a transitional course specially designed for individuals with backgrounds in the military, law enforcement, and governmental agencies who want to make their next career step a protective role in the private sector. Candidates with other relevant backgrounds and skillsets will also be considered. AS Solution champions diversity in the EP industry and encourages qualified candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Participants will have the opportunity to acquire and/or further develop a special mix of hard and soft residential security skills that are relevant to high net worth environments.
- Routine residential security tactics and procedures
- Understanding SOPs for securing principals and their residences
- Risk-based tactical positioning
- Patrol management
- Maintaining readiness through tactical drills and training
- EP team liaison and mutual support
- EP-related residential security functions
- Emergency residential security procedures
- Confirmed threat recognition and reaction
- From routine to emergency mode
- Fires inside/outside the residence
- Dealing with intruders and managing suspects
- Crisis lifecycle and the role of residential security agents
- Medical emergencies
- Discovering, preventing, and defusing potential/emerging/sudden threats and vulnerabilities
- Suspicious person/vehicle identification and management
- Suspicious mail/package identification and processing
- Managing suspicious persons, groups, objects, vehicles
- Explosives identification and related incident management
- Physical readiness
- Krav maga for executive protection
- Understanding and maintaining defensive readiness and PT
- Required and recommended equipment and tech
- Introduction to the family office and estate management ecosystem
- Family, estate management and family office stakeholders, dynamics, mandates, expectations – and how these compare to military, LEO and other public-sector environments
- Protective roles and responsibilities within the residential security network and hierarchy
- Understanding family culture and the principals’ personal preferences
- Managing media, paparazzi and uninvited visitors
- Interview techniques
- Effective communication and expectation management
- Etiquette, professional standards, dress codes, dos and don’ts
- Emotional intelligence as applied to successful residential security professionals
- Personal and team branding
- Introduction to the business of residential security
- Report writing and logging
- Career planning
- Classroom instruction
- Field exercises
- Discussion and critiques
Instructors will be drawn from AS Solution’s experienced experts and global network of external partners, all of whom have extensive experience in their subject matter, understand contemporary private sector demands, and possess demonstrated teaching and interpersonal skills.
Instructors will award successful participants with one of two certificates. Unsuccessful participants receive no certificates.
Certificate of attendance: Awarded to participants who satisfactorily participate in and complete all instruction and fieldwork sessions.
Certificate of qualification: Awarded to participants who satisfactorily participate in and complete all instruction and fieldwork sessions – and demonstrate particular acumen, dedication and drive.
AS Solution only provides tuition-free training to those individuals whom we deem to be suitable for employment in the industry. Applicants will be evaluated according to a mix of criteria prior to course admission:
- Relevant professional/educational background and experience
- Ability to pass PFT requirements
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Possession of an active, valid driver’s license
- Demonstrably high degree of personal ethics and professionalism
Time and dates:
This is an intensive five-day, 50-hour course. Instruction and field exercises will typically run from 8:00 to 20:00 H.
September 17-21, 2018
RESIDENTIAL SECURITY AGENT PROGRAM | Class #002 | Instructed by Ivor Terret and AS Solution operations experts.
Tuition-free transitional course
Palo Alto, CA 5 days / 50 hours
- Previously offered at $2,200, AS Solution now waives all tuition fees for qualified candidates.
- Candidates are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
- Click here for an overview of nearby hotels and motels.
- We will notify accepted candidates ASAP so that they can also arrange private and/or Airbnb accommodations.
How to apply:
For more information: