This incredible five-day program teaches attendees how to disrupt the hostile planning cycle— preventing hostile acts before they happen.
Prior to the vast majority of hostile acts, pre-attack field intelligence is gathered using various methods and techniques. Regardless of the methods or techniques used, the adversary must be in the field to collect and verify this information. To identify a sophisticated adversary as early as possible, one must fully appreciate and understand how they behave, collect information, and operate.
Covertly identifying correlation and hostile surveillance enables the protection specialist to regain the tactical advantage and element of surprise. Participants who complete this course satisfactorily will be prepared to powerfully reinforce protective operations by identifying hostile surveillance elements in a variety of environments.
Who should attend:
This course is specifically designed for protection professionals working in or planning to work in high-risk field positions. Applicants with experience in executive protection, the military, law enforcement, government agencies, and other related fields will all benefit from this program. AS Solution champions diversity in the EP industry and encourages qualified candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Participants will have the opportunity to acquire and/or further develop specialized skillsets for the covert detection of hostile surveillance in dynamic environments.
Topics of instruction include:
- Pedestrian Surveillance
- Covert Concepts
- Identifying surveillance vulnerabilities
- Hostile Surveillance Awareness
- Reporting and Communication
- Adapting and blending into surroundings
- Suspicious indicators and recognition
- Pre-attack indicators and field threat assessments
- Planning a surveillance and surveillance detection assignment
- Individual and Team SDR’s
- Field exercises in varied environments
- Classroom instruction
- Field exercises
- Numerous role players are employed throughout the program to simulate genuine hostile surveillance and hostile action, thereby teaching attendees the skills required to make critical decisions in the field. Role players range from amateur to professional in order to simulate real-world scenarios involving a spectrum of hostile elements.
- Discussion and critiques
This program is instructed by Ivor Terret. Ivor is currently based in Israel and was a founding member, team leader, and instructor of a government unit specializing in all areas of surveillance detection and covert protection, including projects involving heads of state and critical infrastructure. Prior to joining this unit, Ivor designed and implemented security master plans for covert counter-terror units and high-risk installations, and consulted on myriad projects including business parks, high-risk facilities, and factories. Ivor brings over 22 years of international counter-terror experience serving government and private sector clients. In addition to consulting and operations, Ivor has instructed hundreds of students— including high-risk-facility security teams, covert government VIP-protection units, government surveillance detection units, specialized law enforcement and counter-terror units, and corporate executive protection and surveillance detection teams. Ivor is an authorized counter-terror and security instructor, meeting the standards set forth by the Israeli Police Force. He earned an MSc in Security and Risk Management from the University of Leicester and was the elected chair of ASIS Israel for 2016 and 2017.
Instructors will award successful participants with one of two certificates. Unsuccessful participants receive no certificates.
- Certificate of Attendance: Awarded to participants who satisfactorily participate in and complete all instruction and fieldwork sessions.
- Certificate of Qualification: Awarded to participants who satisfactorily participate in and complete all instruction and fieldwork sessions– and demonstrate particular acumen, dedication and drive.
AS Solution is dedicated to the improvement and professionalization of the executive protection industry. Academy applicants will be evaluated according to a mix of criteria prior to course admission:
- Relevant professional/ educational background and experience
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Demonstrably high degree of personal ethics and professionalism
Time and dates:
AUGUST 13 – 17, 2018
TIMES SQUARE, MANHATTAN, NY
This is an intensive five-day, 50-hour course. Instruction and field exercises will typically run from 08:00 to 18:00 hours.
- $2,200 USD
- Participants are responsible for their own travel, accommodations, and personal insurance (if desired). Accepted applicants will be notified as early as possible to allow ample time for arrangements and reservations.
How to apply:
Contact the AS Solution Global Training Academy at TRAINING@ASSOLUTION.COM